Add new comment
- Reprint the backgrounder in communications with members, including e-mail, newsletters, or as a flyer to distribute at an upcoming meeting.
- Use the talking points to communicate with members, supporters, legislators, superintendents, school board members and others.
- Ask two members to write a letter to the editor of your local newspaper. A sample is included here and additional samples are available. Ask them to personalize the letter, if possible.
- Contact a local reporter to “pitch” a story about MEA’s A+ Agenda. Talk about the impact locally of MEA’s progressive agenda.
- Post a link to MEA’s A+ Agenda on association websites, Facebook pages, or other electronic communications. The link is www.mea.org/A+.