Legal FAQs

Frequently asked questions about MEA Legal Services

How do I go about obtaining Legal Services?

Legal services are provided for employment-related issues. If you have an employment-related issue that needs addressing, contact your MEA UniServ Director. To find out which MEA UniServ to contact, please click here. Once you've spoken with your UniServ Director, he or she will either address your matter or contact MEA Legal Services on your behalf to get advice concerning your matter.

How can I find out what legal services are provided?

Please refer to the MEA Governance Document section titled "MEA Legal Representation Policy" for additional information.

Can I contact Legal Services for personal legal matters, such as estate planning or divorce?

No. Legal services are only provided for employment-related issues.