Talking points - Governor Snyder's Education Plan
- Broaden your circle of influence by having your superintendent and school board members draft a resolution condemning the attacks on public education.
- Use the talking points in conversations other groups who will be impacted by these education cuts—parents, local business leaders, realtors, doctors, dentists and taxpayers in the community.
- Encourage two members to write a letter to the editor of your local newspaper. Samples are included here. Make sure they personalize the letter.
- Ask to be on the agenda for a meeting of the PTO, the Chamber of Commerce, school board, or other local organizations to explain how your school district and community will be impacted by the attacks on public education.
- Make sure of all your members know to go to http://www.mea.org/ for the latest information. Also get them connected on MEA Facebook.